Monday, August 29, 2011

The Wyoming Ocean

Sometimes the best things in life are those that are unexpected. Like getting cookies in the mail, or Kmart adds. Who doesn't love Kmart adds? But maybe the greatest surprise is finding out that there are crabs in Wyoming.

"Wait, crab..in Wyoming....in the cafeteria?" Said the girl behind me in disbelief.

Yes, hun. There is also a huge ocean taking up half of what used to be Wyoming where they get them. Did you know there is this marvelous thing called transportation? Nowadays it doesn't take six months to cross the continent. I wouldn't be laughing my butt off, or even mildly amused, if this came from a ditsy cheerleader (sorry, as a psychology major I should know that stereotypes aren't always accurate, but this is the first thing that came to mind), however, it came from the mouth of a "I'm a tough basketball/ track star" type athlete.

She could have been talking about those genetically mutated hermit crabs I set loose. Those little goobers just can't resist people. My bad.






No comments:

Post a Comment